With today's evolution of classroom technology, having a central resource for student and teacher collaboration is more important than ever. LFA uses Canvas - a Learning Management Systems (LMS) designed to assist in these efforts. Below are links to help students prepare to use Canvas on a day-to-day basis.
Getting to Canvas (Login required)
- Website: http://lfa.instructure.com/
- iPad / iPhone App: (if not pre-loaded / needed): Download from the Apple App Store
Logging into Canvas for the first time / password reset
Below are walkthrus to common questions we receive about Canvas throughout the school term.
- First-time Canvas login: Illustrated instructions (iPad)
- Password Reset: How to reset your Canvas password
Introduction Videos and Materials
Looking to get a better understanding of what you'll be working with? Check out two introductory videos and a more comprehensive student guide.
- Video #1: Canvas Overview: 7:42 minutes. Covers general usage and features of Canvas.
- Video #2: Canvas App for iPad: 5:35 minutes. Demos the use of the Canvas's iPad app.
- Website: Canvas Student Getting Started Guide: For those interested in more specifics, this web page provides details on topics like using the Dashboard, viewing classes, and how to set notifications.