Although most LFA classrooms are equipped with Apple TV, its wireless presentation reliability (AirPlay) can vary. More details on the issue and our work into long-term improvements can be found here (Faculty / Staff Google login required). That said, a reboot of the Apple TV, the iPad, or both tend to fix most problems - and quickly. Instructions are below.
The most reliable classroom presentation method continues to be wired, and faculty can pick up needed attachments from our Campus Store. If wireless disconnect issues get beyond a minor annoyance, consider wired until our upgrade / replacement analysis project is complete.
Apple TV AirPlay troubleshooting:
|These are the same steps the Helpdesk will perform|
- Reboot the Apple TV - If that does not fix connectivity...
- Restart the iPad (or MacBook) first - Once complete, then reboot the Apple TV
How to reboot Apple TV
- Using the Remote: Hold down the Menu and Down buttons for 5-10 seconds, then release (Illustration - Apple.com)
- From the Apple TV Menu: Settings -> System -> Restart
- From the device itself: Unplug the Apple TV, wait 10 seconds, then plug back in
How to restart an iPad
- Hold down the sleep/wake button until the "slide to power off" messages appears
- Slide to power off
- Once off, hold down the sleep/wake button again until the iPad turns back on