iPad & iPhone Setup: LFA E-Mail
LFA is a G Suite for Education shop with enhanced security. So, the e-mail setup is a little different from what faculty and staff may have seen in the past.
There are two steps. First, is generating an app-specific password, which is best to have a PC or Mac handy to complete. Second is the actual mail setup for the iPad / iPhone using the password created. Instructions are below. Feel free to stop by the IT Department if you'd like assistance.
- Step one: How to generate an App password (Google Support)
- Step two: Connect to LFA e-mail - Exchange method (iMore)
Alternative setups / options: Having trouble with the Exchange setup, but can't get to campus for hands-on help? Try the options below.
- Download the Gmail App from the iTunes Store
- Using your mobile web browser, go to http://mail.google.com on you iPad or iPhone
Desktop Notifications For Incoming E-mails
Remember Microsoft Outlook's new message desktop popup? A number of users miss that feature since the move to an all web-based e-mail platform. There are many third-party apps for Windows and MacOS that clone this function and below are a few of our recommendations. Contact the LFA IT Department if you need assistance with installation.
Links redirect to their corresponding websites.
- Howard E-Mail Notifier: Windows and Mac versions available (free / donation-ware).
- Sohail's Gmail Notifier: Windows only (paid).
- Mail Notifr: Mac (both free and paid versions).