2FA Setup for Google Accounts
2FA was mandated to all LFA Faculty and Staff Google accounts in the Spring for 2016 and expanded to Students and Alumni thereafter. Click the links below for an illustrated walk-thru tailored to LFA accounts.
- Part 1: 2FA Phone or Text Activation & Setup
- Part 2: Google Authenticator Setup (optional, but recommended)
2FA E-mail Setup for Tablets / Smartphones
With 2FA activated, email setup may run a little different than what you've seen online before. Below are instructions for the most popular devices.
- Android devices: Instructions from Google (redirect)
- iPhones / iPads: Includes app password instructions.
- Windows 10 Phone: Instructions from thurrot.com (redirect)
Recommended Authenticator Apps
Save time (and texting charges) by moving to an app! This allows for 2FA to be loaded on as many different devices as you'd like. Below are some free app recommendations.
- iPhone / iPad: Google Authenticator (redirect to iTunes Store)
- Android devices: Google Authenticator (redirect to Google Play)
- Windows Phone: Authenticator (redirect to Microsoft store)
- Chrome Web Browser: Authenticator (redirect to Chrome Web Store)
- Microsoft Windows: WinAuth (redirect to website)
- Mac OSX (MacOS): OTP Manager (redirect to Mac App store)