In order to protect our network and systems, student e-mail accounts are deactivated on January 31 following the year of graduation. However, It is the philosophy of LFA to offer students a free e-mail account beyond their scholastic tenure - if they so choose. Below is a Q&A summary on the deactivation process and how an alumni e-mail account can be obtained.
- How long will my @students.lfanet.org e-mail account remain active? - Until January 31st of the year following graduation (Example - 2018 for a 2017 graduate). Alumni still using @students.lfanet.org accounts will receive cancellation reminders (through their @students accounts) at regular intervals leading up to the expiration date.
- What happens after January 31st? - We will suspend (not delete) all non-active student accounts with the intent of ensuring that nobody slips through the cracks. Account removals won't happen until summer.
- Can my @students.lfanet.org e-mails get forwarded to another service? Yes, until January 31st of the year following graduation. Instructions on how to do that can be found here.
- Can I get copies of old emails and documents? Yes - log into Google Takeout using your @students login to download old data.
- How can I get a @alumni.lfanet.org e-mail account? - Alumni can visit the @Alumni E-Mail Account: Info / Sign Up area for more information.
The IT Department is happy to answer more detailed questions. Please feel free to reach out to our support staff if the need arises.